Friday, April 8, 2011

Holy King

Lord, my heart cries out to you now!
I hear your voice whisper to me;
It tells me who I am.
You say to me, "You are mine;
The princess of the Holy King,
The daughter of the One who saves the World!"
I fall down before you and praise Your name!

As I worship You,
I hear the serpent slither by;
He spits out lies,
Bribing me with fruit,
Telling me I'll never die.
But as I turn to fall away,
I catch a glimpse of your face.
My hand reaches out for just one bite,
But then I see your eyes, full of love and sorrow
While on the cross you die.
I shout "No!" but it's too late,
You give up one last sigh;
Then you fall forward and hang there,
And I begin to cry.
"No! Take me instead;
He is innocent!
I deserve to be killed
And hung in pain,
For he was crucified
When he was without sin."
But then three days later
He rose again:

After a day of rest,
I looked in
On an empty tomb where
I thought I would find Him.
I came to say goodbyes,
But now he is gone again!
And I cried more and more,
Until a man walked in.
"Why are you crying?"
He asked me then;
But I thought it was the gardener,
Not the one who died for my sin.
"He's gone! He's gone!
I think they took him!"
Then the man opened my eyes,
And I saw his face, alive again.

Hallelujah, praise the Lord!
Jesus Christ has arisen!
He's alive and here today;
For he could not be kept in death's prison!
Let us sing and dance for years and years
To celebrate His grace;
And when we die, we'll just sing some more,
Because we shall see His face!

No comments: